26 Apr 2010

The 1892 Victoria County Courthouse

The courthouse was built between February 15th and December 21st, 1892 and is known as the 1892 Victoria County Courthouse. J. Riely Gordon designed this one in Romanesque Revival style. Gordon was fired as architect when he failed to live up to his contract which required him to be present every day of construction.

The current modern courthouse was completed in 1967. The modern, concrete and stone courthouse built in 1967 sits to the right of the 1892 courthouse. Visitors must enter through this building to gain access to the inside of the old courthouse.

No comments: